(Bruges, 7-10 May 2019)
Organized by the University of Antwerp and the Municipal Museums of Bruges, the 2019 edition of TECHNART, the European conference on the use of Analytical methods for Characterization of Works of Art, will be held in Bruges on 7-10 may 2019.
The main aim of this congress is to provide a scientific forum to present and promote the use of analytical techniques in the field of cultural heritage. The conference builds on the momentum of the previous TECHNART editions of Lisbon (2007), Athens (2009), Berlin (2011), Amsterdam (2013), Catania (2015) and Bilbao (2017).
The meeting offers an outstanding opportunity for exchanging knowledge and experience on leading edge developments in cultural heritage analysis. This includes studies on pigments, lithic materials, metals, glass, ceramics, resins and fibres and also chemometrics, forensic applications, art history, archaeology and conservation science.
- X-ray analysis (XRF, PIXE, XRD, SEM-EDX)
- Confocal X-ray microscopy (3D µ-XRF, 3D µ-PIXE)
- Synchrotron, ion beam and neutron based techniques/instrumentation
- FT-IR and Raman spectroscopy and microscopy
- UV-Vis and NIR absorption/reflectance and fluorescence
- Laser-based analytical methods (LIBS etc.)
- Magnetic resonance techniques
- Chromatography (GC, HPLC) and mass spectrometry
- Optical and coherent imaging techniques
- Mobile spectrometry and spectroscopy
- Remote sensing and hyperspectral imaging
- Case studies employing one or more analytical methods
- Abstract submission deadline: 28 January 2019
- Notification to authors: 15 February 2019
- Scientific Programme: 22 February 2019
- Early registration: 1 March 2019
- Registration deadline: 1 May 2019
- Conference: Tue 7 – Fri 10 May 2019
Submitted contributions will be published in a Virtual Special Issue of Microchemical Journal.